Monday, February 2, 2015

It's February already?

I can't believe it is February already! You know what that means: Valentine's Day! Though I usually don't succumb to seasonal jewelry, this year I caught the Valentine's Day bug. Bad. I don't know what happened; all of the sudden I had a tray of red beads, red leather, and red paint on my work table. 

The discs on these earrings were cut from a piece of white tin from a Christmas cookie tin. I patinated them with red Vintaj patina. Reliefing the raised areas highlighted the original white color of the tin.


I had fun with this beautiful red deerskin leather. I riveted a loop from which to hang the jump rings. 


I love these picaso Czech glass teardrop beads!  


I experimented with a new earwire design.


These cotton batik serged ribbons have been calling my name for a long time. I finally decided to experiment with them in a necklace design. Putting the clasp in the front was a new technique for me. It certainly makes it easy to fasten and is so soft on the back of the neck. 






Long ago I pinned a bracelet tutorial by Rebekah Payne of Tree Wings Studio that I discovered on the Art Jewelry Elements blog. You can find the tutorial here. I finally made made one of these cool bracelets!




I'm not really a pink sort of gal, but I had these Czech glass bellflower beads leftover from a custom order project and these pink textured washers. So feminine (but so NOT me). 


Finally, a bit of sparkly bling.



These pieces are available in my shop: 
CMS Designs







No comments:

Post a Comment