Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Test Drive: Beach Bracelet 2015

New version of my beach bracelets! I wanted to create a sturdy bracelet from hemp that withstands those sandy, salt water days at the beach without stretching out.



 This baby is so tightly woven and firm that I think it is going to pass my road test quite well. 



I am wearing it every day and allowing it to take some ocean spray to see how it holds up.



 These are so much fun to make. The perfect project to take to the beach in my beach bag . . . a ball of hemp, a few beads, a button, glue, and scissors.



Simple stuff always pleases me. 

3 comments:

  1. This is a great looking bracelet Cindy. I love the look of hemp and what a great job. If you don't mind sharing what is the macrame stitch you used on this. I would wear it all summer. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. Thanks for the kind words. I took a photo of the instructions for this woven band for you, but I can't attach a photo here in the comments. A photo will be much easier than trying to explain this in words. If you email me, I'll send you the picture of the instructions. martinshaw@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my new bracelet!

    ReplyDelete