Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Disc Cutter Experiments



I love this new disc cutter! Yesterday I made these blue and white domed discs for the earrings and experimented with riveting a disc onto sheet metal for a necklace focal. Discovering that my hole punch only reaches so far into a metal piece for the largest hole size for riveting, I had to adapt and wire wrap the blue disc to the metal piece instead of riveting, which I had planned. Lesson learned. I did, however, get a chance to rivet some blue tin to the top of the metal as a bail. I had some blue suede that matched perfectly, so I used that to string the focal. I love the cobalt glass beads and the blue and white striped trade beads. I'm excited to wear this new set tonight at a CD release party for a favorite local band.


No comments:

Post a Comment